Inspired 2 Lead – Informa Markets Ltd
Global Coaching Programme
Informa Markets provides customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through live, virtual and hybrid events, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. Co-Creation met with Sean Ongers, Head of Learning & Performance (L&P) at Informa Markets to learn more about an exciting global programme, Inspired 2 Lead.
What did Informa Markets Learning & Performance want to achieve?
Informa Markets Learning & Performance team were investing in 100 of their talented leaders, and together we identified several key objectives:
- Investing in their future and progressive leaders
- Equipping leaders to lead more effectively
- Assessing and developing each of the leaders against a 20-point leadership skills framework
- Establishing a more in-depth view of their leadership capability
- Identifying targeted interventions to further enhance their leadership capability
- Being able to identify clear performance improvements against mutually identified objectives set by the Coachee and their line manager
The Next Steps
To create a tailored programme, we:
- Spent time with Sean to understand the business needs
- Established clear criteria to assess our coaches’ suitability to work on the contract
- Built supporting documentation such as The Coaching Contract and Ways of Working
- Appointed a Dedicated Account Manager
- Set up Project Support resources using MS Teams
- Selected 15 coaches from our pool of highly qualified Executive Professionals who had specific experience that matched Informa’s requirements
We kicked off the programme with the Facet 5 tool and brought several qualified coaches on board. The programme commenced with a Facet 5 one-to-one debrief then rolled out as follows:
- Delivery of an internal 360 and feedback based on a 20-point leadership skills framework
- Three one-hour coaching sessions
- One review session focused on the learning so far, feedback for the Coach and helping the Coachee think beyond the programme
- A second run of the 360 with a final coaching session
- Coaches were also available for additional support outside the sessions to offer advice and learning resources
- 90% of Coachees rated their Coach as Very Good or Excellent
- 92% of Coachees rated the quality of their coaching conversations as Very Good or Excellent
- 91% of Coachees were grateful for the support offered outside focusing on Actions and Objectives (During COVID)
“Being part of the Inspired2Lead programme could not have come at a better time. The tools – and especially my amazing coach – have been instrumental in navigating personal growth and all the COVID-Driven change”.
(Danica Cullins, SVP, Supply Side Informa Markets)
“The Inspired 2 Lead Programme was beneficial and timely. Working with my Executive Coach Kath Thomas made me a more effective leader navigating an uncertain time”.
(Donna Bellantone, EVP, Informa Markets)